Expert witnesses often determine who wins a complex case. Having the right expert witness on your side also makes your job easier. That person knows his or her specialty inside-out, so they will be able to testify persuasively in support of your case. What’s more, he or she can teach you what you need to know so you can get to the heart of the issue, ask relevant questions and be more persuasive in every aspect of the case.
There are many agencies and directories that offer to locate expert witnesses. However, at Med-Law Connection, we’ve elevated the process of locating experts to a new level; it’s typically a two-step process:
1.Our screening service: We review the pertinent records that form the basis for the claim or litigation. Based on that, we issue a preliminary opinion on the merits of the case. In addition, we suggest what types of expert witnesses would be most appropriate.
2.Our locating service: We’ll find the expert witnesses you need to prosecute or defend your case – keeping in mind the parameters you’ve set. And by asking questions that pertain to your specific case, we always find the best experts. We’ll ask questions such as:
- Are you still actively practicing your specialty?
- Do you teach or lecture about your specialty?
- Have you been published in the area of your specialty?
- How familiar are you with the procedure(s) at issue?
- Where is the expert witness located?
- How available are you to the client for consulting?
- How many times have you been deposed or testified at trial?
- Does the expert witness work for both plaintiffs and defendants?
We cover all these factors – and many more – when we work with you to find the right expert witnesses. When we find them, we act as liaison between you and the expert, providing each with all necessary information to produce a thorough, effective review of the case.
If you are in need of an expert witness for your case contact us today and let us save you time and money.